Media and Announcements
Media and Announcements 2013
- Board of Public Works issues a revised Advisory restating the necessity for State government units to get a Clearinghouse review and to provide the Clearinghouse recommendation to the Board of Public Works when seeking approval to:
- Transfer or dispose of excess or surplus State real property
- Substantially change State real property (Including demolitions)
- Granting easements or rights-of-way over State real property.
- New Bay Restoration Guide: What Every Marylander Can Do
MDP employees participated in the Maryland's Day to Serve taking part in 4 worthy service projects in the state: playground cleanup at The Baltimore International Academy; canoe & scoop cleanup of the Baltimore Harbor with Blue Water Baltimore; land cleanup in Baltimore City alongside the Greater Remington Improvement Association; and shoreline cleanup along the Patuxent River and St. Leonard Creek at Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum.
Governor Martin O’Malley kicked off National Day to Serve in Maryland on September 11th encouraging Marylanders to “Feed the Hungry and Heal the Planet” by participating in service projects to help their neighbors, their communities and the environment. National Day to Serve took place September 15 to 29, 2013.
- Register now for the 2013 MPCA conference at Ripken Stadium
- Maryland Heritage Area Grants to Boost Tourism throughout State
- MDP Secretary Richard Hall in a letter to the editor of the Baltimore Business Journal: Millennial push toward city living great for smart growth
- Worcester County Smart Growth Successes - The latest booklet in the series
(Visit to view our other publications)
- Application period open for the 2014 Sustainable Growth awards. These awards celebrate exemplary work that represents or inspires collaboration, innovation, conservation, community impact and quality of life. Nominations accepted through August. All Marylanders can apply.
- Listing of County and Municipal Planning Commission, Board and Boards of Appeals members now posted on MDP website. Please review your membership and send corrections.
- 2013 TIF Law Enhances Local Authority for Funding Community Revitalization and Economic Development
- New on Smart Growth MD blog: "Spoke Shops Signal Smart Growth", May 8, 2013
- In Memoriam: Orlando Ridout V, MHT
- FHFA Home Price Index for Maryland and its Regions upto Fourth Quarter 2012
- High Technology Establishments in Maryland 2010
- Biotechnology Establishments in Maryland 2010
- Sustainability Indicators for Maryland's Jurisdictions (April 4, 2013) Combined transportation, housing, equity, income, education and jobs data for Maryland showing performance measures that relate to maintaining sustainable, healthy and viable communities.
- New on Smart Growth MD: “Another Way To Live” provides a glimpse into one man’s car-free commute, March 28, 2013
- New on Smart Growth MD: “Is There Life After Malls?” explores the future of the enclosed shopping mall, March 25, 2013
- Maryland Reaches Population Milestones: Baltimore City Grows by 1,100; Montgomery County Reaches 1 Million Mark. Read the D4TA M1NE article
- Sustainable Growth Forum page launched: See videos and pictures and the keynote presentation from the 1st Annual Sustainable Growth Forum and Awards Ceremony held in February
- MDP released its report on local jurisdictions’ adoption of tier maps as called for in the Sustainable Growth and Agricultural Preservation Act of 2012, a new law that went into effect on July 1, 2012.
- MDP Secretary Richard Hall's Legislative Briefing on The Sustainable Growth & Agricultural Preservation Act of 2012 (Presented to Senate Education, Health and Environmental Affairs and House Environmental Matters committees, January 23, 2013)
- Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission is holding first annual Sustainable Growth Forum focusing on economic opportunities created by smart growth – February 5, 2013
This page was last updated: 2013-11-19