Supporting Communities, Preserving Resources, Enriching Lives… Changing Maryland for the better?
Maryland Department of Planning (Planning) provides guidance, analysis, outreach and support to ensure that all of the state’s natural resources, built environment and public assets are preserved and protected to achieve its goals for economic, community and environmental vitality.
Planning sees Maryland cities, towns and communities as attractive, vibrant places to live, work, play and learn. They grow in ways that add value to the landscape and provide opportunity to new enterprises. Our natural, cultural and historic resources are catalysts that strengthen and renew economic and community development. Planning’s actions will change Maryland for the better.
Local government - with its residents - invests time and resources in creating a vision for how they want their communities to look in the future. They are in the best position to achieve these local aspirations through comprehensive plans, ordinances and local planning.
Planning stands ready to assist bringing our full portfolio of professional staff, data resources and programmatic assistance.
Our Customer Service Promise
The State of Maryland pledges to provide constituents, businesses, customers, and stakeholders with services in the following manner:
- Friendly and Courteous: We will be helpful and supportive and have a positive attitude and passion for what we do.
- Timely and Responsive: We will be proactive, take initiative, and will try to anticipate your needs.
- Accurate and Consistent: We will always aim for 100% accuracy, and be consistent in how we interpret and implement State policies and procedures.
- Accessible and Convenient: We will continue to simplify and improve access to information and resources.
- Truthful and Transparent: We will advance a culture of honesty, clarity, and trust.
- Resolution: We will inform constituents clearly and concisely and provide assistance in a timely manner.
For more information on the State of Maryland's customer service program, or to submit a suggestion, please visit Maryand's Customer Service Promise.