Land use planning is vital to protecting and preserving a Maryland that its residents value. From designing vibrant, healthy neighborhoods to safeguarding our precious rural, natural and historical resources, planning is about people and for people. It is about making choices now to preserve this land of pleasant living for our future and the future of our children.
Planning is not a process that Maryland residents are excluded from. It is a series of individual decisions that we all make together to influence where growth and development will happen - from taking part in our local government’s comprehensive planning process and writing to your newspaper’s editor to deciding where you will live and work.
What, where, and how we grow affects our health, taxes, traffic, the environment and our economic status.
MDP invites you to get involved. The “Your Part” section of our website offers you some opportunities to make a difference and to have your voice heard.
- Let MDP Know Whats Going on in Your Local Community, Town or County
- MDP Events Calendar
- Annual Report Tools
- Staff contacts for media inquiries
- Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission
- Maryland Planning Commissioners Association
- Comprehensive Plans Online – Growth and Development in Your Community
- Planning Commission Education Course
- Sustainable Communities
- Tax Increment Financing Education Course
Publicize local planning and communitiy-related events on our Events Calendar - Post meetings or events that are happening in your area. Submit you event through our form.